Run by artist Claire Orme in collaboration with Richard Greenan of Kit Records, Flat38 is now seeking proposals from practitioners who would like to take part in residencies at the space. This call-out is open to all, however we are particularly interested in experimental artists in the fields of installation, sound and performance.
Chosen artists will stay at Flat38 for a week, creating and developing new work to be shown in an exhibition at the culmination of their stay. Exhibitions, which can be a work in progress, will be celebrated with an opening night organised and hosted by Flat38.
We are offering:
- A week's stay in Flat38, including meals
- Studio space within Flat38
- Advice on developing the work throughout the week
- Practical help with constructing and dismantling installations
- A weekend exhibition and opening night, including marketing, refreshments and DJs
To cover costs of running Flat38, accommodating artists and putting on exhibitions, we ask for £50 per day for the residency.
The residencies will begin in Spring/Summer 2017.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with an artist statement, biography and a 500 word proposal on what you would like to develop during your stay at Flat38.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.